Before we know about how to care hair extensions properly, let’s take a quick look at exactly what 100% Human Remy and Virgin hair extensions are.
Because they’re made from 100% real human hair, a process takes place to turn them into hair extensions. Once the hair is harvested, it goes through a slow dyeing process followed by some processing to help retain its original texture and color and ensure it lasts, a cycle that requires great skill.
Gentle Shampoos & Conditioners
In fact, we don't need to find the best shampoo and conditioner. Rather, we need to find products with the right ingredients.
Most shampoos for regular hair are safe, with a few exceptions. Specifically, you need to avoid:
1. Sulphates: These come in many different hair products, but they should be avoided at all costs. Their only purpose is to make the products foam, which you don’t need! Instead, sulphate's high salt levels can strip your hair of natural oils and leave it dehydrated.
2. Avoid shampoos and conditioners that have been formulated for specific types of hair, such as thin hair, dry hair, oily hair and so on. You want something that has been designed for normal hair, as it’s more likely to contain fewer chemicals the extensions might react to.
Correct Hair Washing Operation
Don't ignore this point, the correct hair washing operation is also a kind of massage for your hair.
- Comb your hair before shampooing.
- Make sure that you are not applying full shower pressure when showering.
- Wet the hair in a downward motion.
- Then massage your scalp in-between the bonds with your fingertips.
- When you're done, Rinse your hair thoroughly and add the conditioner through your lengths.
- Rinse the conditioner out and dry with a towel to remove excess water
- If you plan to blow dry, add a heat protector or leave-in moisturizer.
Reduce the Frequency of Hair Dyeing
Our hair extensions can take colour really well. You can colour your hair with the extensions attached. It's fine to dye your roots, or running a full semi-permanent colour. But please be do not to bleach your hair. Bleaching hair will shorten the life of hair extensions.