We know that hair extensions are not cheap. For many women who treat themselves with new hair extensions, they hope they will last! In this case, proper care of hair extension is essential. We are happy to share some hair care methods with you.
Comb Your Hair
Take small sections of hair and brush from the scalp over the extensions to mid lengths, being careful to tease any tangles out from the bottom lengths first. When you brush close to the roots, you can brush over the bonds using a soft bristle brush for tape extensions. For Pre-Bonded wearers, separate the extensions with your fingers on a regular basis to prevent matting.
Wash Your Hair
- Comb your hair before shampooing.
- Make sure that you are not applying full shower pressure when showering.
- Wet the hair in a downward motion.
- Then massage your scalp in-between the bonds with your fingertips.
- When you're done, Rinse your hair thoroughly and add the conditioner through your lengths.
- Rinse the conditioner out and dry with a towel to remove excess water
- If you plan to blow dry, add a heat protector or leave-in moisturizer.
- Please don’t use shampoo containing alcohol or sulfate
- Do not shampoo your hair for at least 48 hours after your extensions are applied
- shampoo and condition your hair at least twice a week
- Do not apply conditioner or shampoo in the root area or near the attachments.
Sleep With Your Hair
We recommend that you brush your hair and braid it before you go to bed. This will prevent tangles. And always choose a silk pillowcase to avoid friction. But never sleep with wet hair.
Dye Your Hair
Our hair extensions can take colour really well. You can colour your hair with the extensions attached. It's fine to dye your roots, or running a full semi-permanent colour. But please be do not to bleach your hair. Bleaching hair will shorten the life of hair extensions
Style Your Hair
The hair can be straightened, curled, washed and restyled as you like. It is better to avoid heat. The much you use it, the shorter your hair extensions will last. We recommend that you use heat protection products to protect your natural hair and hair extensions from potential wear and heat damage. Please notice that the temperature should be under 160℃.